When you’re an Untourist in Barcelona you automatically receive an Articket, one of the best deals in Europe. It gets you into 7 major museums in the city,
Since single-entry tickets to the permanent collections can be anywhere from €7.50 to €12, this is a great card for anyone from the art dabbler to the true aficionado. The Art Ticket includes admission to both permanent and temporary exhibits at all 7 Barcelona museums and gets you to the front of all the lines for admission in these amazing institutions.
- Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya (MNAC) housed in the unforgettable building from the 1929 International Exhibition. In front of this castle-styled building is the Magic Fountain with its beautiful water, light and music shows.
- Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona (MACBA) and Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB): Two museums for the modern art fan
- Fundació Joan Miró The foundation is located in a beautiful setting on the Montjuic mountain amidst many other museums. This locale is also he biggest green space (and park) of Barcelona with great views over the city.
- Fundació Antoni Tàpies: Barcelona artist, who died earlier this year, was a major art figure of the 20th century. Influenced by Dada and the Surrealists, Tàpies is known internationally for his own work, mixed media in particular, but he was an accomplished art critic himself and his foundation is dedicated to the understanding of modern art. .
- La Pedrera, the Gaudi masterpiece pictured above, has recently been renovated by local bank Caixa Catalunya, and offers a restored Modernist interior and an exhibition on Gaudí’s life and work.
- Museu Picasso;This collection focuses on the formative years Picasso spent in Barcelona, and, while not the largest collection of his work, is an excellent selection of work from the man who could be called the world’s most renown modern artist. The museum is on the historic Carrer de Montcada in five medieval mansions that have been joined together.
Any art lover will find Barcelona a heaven on earth; the Articket just makes the pathway to heaven even smoother.