For Earth Day, Untours' Environmental Practices and Lessons From Europe
Untours is very concerned about the environment, but not in a lip-service, greenwashing kind of way. We honestly and truly care. We work to mitigate the environmental impact of travel and to minimize and offset our office carbon footprint. Our B Corp certification process screens us for environmental policies and practices, so our values are tested and lived, and certified as more than a slogan!
Here are some of the things we do to be a business that is good for the environment.
- We have an 18.8 kW solar installation that provides a substantial portion of the electricity used in the building.
- Carbon offsets are purchased for employee travel and commuting.
- 100% of the additional electricity purchased is from renewable sources.
- Company recycling includes paper, cardboard, plastic, glass, and metal.
- Recycling efforts also include in-office worm composting for food scraps and stations for employees to recycle batteries and plastic bags from work and home use.
- Office paper products are sourced with the highest levels of post-consumer recycled content, and office furniture is salvage/reused.
- The company uses non toxic cleaning supplies, organic and sustainable kitchen supplies, and reusable or compostable catering supplies.
- Office measures to conserve energy include the use of Energy Star equipment when possible, programmable thermostats, and moderation in heating and cooling.
- All electronics are donated or disposed of responsibly.
- Consumer mailings are very limited and are printed on high post-consumer recycled content paper.
- In-office printing defaults to double sided to save paper. And we try to minimize printing in general.