1. Tell us a little bit about your most recent Untour.
We arranged a visit to Bettona, Umbria, in Italy for one week and then to Vienna for the second week. We needed to make our own air arrangements but it was easy enough to do. We loved being in the hilltop village with access to Assisi and Perugia. We had coffee in the square every morning and read the newspapers. The village is small and charming. We had good help from Untours.
2. Why did you choose to go there?
We wanted the small village experience. Few spoke English and there were only a couple of restaurant choices so we ate in a lot. We contrasted this experience with the city of Vienna and had a remarkable flat by the Danube. Vienna is a small city and very walkable so we did not even take advantage of public transportation. Our guide was fabulous and got us out of the apartment as we had foolishly locked ourselves in. She was most gracious!
|Heinrichgasse—where they stayed|
3. What is your favorite Untours memory?
Coffee in the square planning our day as we drove around into other villages.
4. How is taking an Untour different from other ways of travelling?
Very relaxed. Support is available if needed. we also receive an orientation so that we can become knowledgeable about the area’s offerings.
5. If you could describe an Untour in just three words, what would they be?
Promising, adventurous and secure.
6. Have you heard of our trailblazing Untours Foundation? What do you think of a company whose profits have gone to create jobs among vulnerable populations through loans to pioneering, green businesses?
My highest complements to such a worthwhile organization. You are admirable.