1. Tell us a little bit about your most recent Untour.
This was the Swiss Oberland tour which offered and fulfilled the hope of covering points west and south that seemed a bit out of reach on our other Swiss visits.
2. Why did you choose to go there?
We had done the Swiss Heartland tour a couple of years before. Hearing us tell of it, our adult daughters and their families felt they would like to do something similar. So, we arranged for the Chalet Edelweiss in Kandersteg and had it all to ourselves for two really satisfying weeks.
|Chalet Edelweiss—where they stayed|
3. What is your favorite Untours memory?
Probably our first Untour on the German Rhine. We realized on that first day there that we had the entire German Rail system right in front of our Oberwesel apartment and the glorious river just beyond. Both were waiting for us to decide which we would exploit on any given day. What a sense of freedom!
4. How is taking an Untour different from other ways of travelling?
You can do what you want when you want! There is no better way to travel.
5. If you could describe an Untour in just three words, what would they be?
Freedom, value and joy!
6. Have you heard of our trailblazing Untours Foundation? What do you think of a company whose profits have gone to create jobs among vulnerable populations through loans to pioneering, green businesses?
I have to admire the record. I serve as a volunteer executive for a not-for-profit with similar aims and results. Plenty to do for everyone.