1. Tell us a little bit about your most recent Untour.
2. Why did you choose to go there?
I chose Alsace as I had never been to that region of France. I chose Tuscany (this was my 3rd trip to this area) as a friend traveling with me had always wanted to visit Tuscany.
3. What is your favorite Untours memory?
In Alsace, just sitting around on our terrace having wine with our neighbors, looking at the beautiful scenery and taking the train for a quick 3 days in Paris. Our base location was Bergheim, and a special treat was getting facials at The Domaine Halbeisen!
In Tuscany, the view from our apartment in Montalcino, the Piazza, could not be beat! It was beautiful and we found ourselves not wanting to leave, but of course, we did. I loved Pienza and San Gimignano, two towns I had not visited before. Just a wonderful three weeks. Also, kudos to Harriet, who was our on site tour guide in Tuscany.
4. How is taking an Untour different from other ways of travelling?
Feeling like a local, freedom to travel like you want, even if you get lost! I also love the onsite support and that Untours helps make sure that you have everything that you need.
5. If you could describe an Untour in just three words, what would they be?
Addictive. Wonderful. Inspiring
6. Have you heard of our trailblazing Untours Foundation? What do you think of a company whose profits have gone to create jobs among vulnerable populations through loans to pioneering, green businesses?
That is one of the reasons that I use Untours!