1. Tell us a little bit about your most recent Untour.
We went to Buenos Aires in 2010. Our dollars went very far in Argentina and we had some spectacular meals at great restaurants for one third to one half of what they would cost in the States. There was a very small time change (four hours) so that made for less jet lag. The best part of the trip was our side trip to Iguazu Falls. We used the recommended travel agent and flew up to the falls for a full day walking the falls. Probably one of the most incredible sights in the world. Our apartment (house, really) was the best Untour property EVER.
2. Why did you choose to go there?
Our daughter was doing a summer semester abroad in Brazil so we met in Buenos Aires at the end of her term.
3. What is your favorite Untours memory?
The dinner at the conclusion of the Paris Untour is probably the best meal we have ever had. We ate and talked until almost midnight. Then we strolled home by Notre Dame and pledged to come to Paris again. Such a magical trip.
4. How is taking an Untour different from other ways of travelling?
|San Martin—where they stayed|
It’s a perfect way to travel with a family. We started taking our daughter when she was nine (Swiss Heartland). You have a full kitchen so you can stop by the store or the bakery for breakfast stuff and eat at home. Then you head to that day’s destination and have a lovely lunch and see the sights. Then home for a light supper or supper at a local restaurant. German speaking countries have wonderful public transportation that is totally accessible and easy to figure out. Even when we don’t figure it out and end up in the wrong place there is always a delicious opportunity and some of our mistakes were better than what we planned.
5. If you could describe an Untour in just three words, what would they be?
Live like locals!!!!
6. Have you heard of our trailblazing Untours Foundation? What do you think of a company whose profits have gone to create jobs among vulnerable populations through loans to pioneering, green businesses?
That’s one of the reasons we return to Untours time and time again.