While it may not have the hyper high fashion feel of Paris or Milan, Prague does have some great shopping options for those of you who love to ship boxes full of goodies home from your trip or challenge yourself with fitting just one (or six!) more souvenir in your luggage.
If you’re planning on shopping in Prague, here are the top 7 areas of the city to keep in mind and the types of products you can expect to find there:
- Wenceslas Square and its border pedestrian street Na Prikope – you’ll find a mix of everything from international department stores (H&M, Marks & Spencer), local shops and banks
- Republic Square – here, you’ll find the Palladium, the city’s largest shopping complex, a huge mall (set in the remnants of an old army barracks) with over 200 stores including Estée Lauder, Calvin Klein and Body Shop
- Parizska – Prague’s most fashionable street, located just off of Old Town Square, is a bit like New York’s 5th Ave in that luxury giants like Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Prada and Christian Dior inhabit the block
- Old Town Square – you’ll find an arts & crafts market as well as crystal shops and small boutiques
- Karlova Street – as you head from Old Town Square to Charles Bridge, you’ll find tourist souvenir and glass shops lining the way
- Charles Bridge – trust us, you can find some excellent, high quality crafts and artwork on this famous foot bridge from Old Town to Lesser Town
- Mala Strana – on Mostecka and Nerudova Streets (and their intersection at Lesser Town Square – Malostranske Namesti), you’ll find plenty of small boutique stores and cafés
Knowing where to shop for the types of gifts you’re looking for can be tough – I hope this was just a little bit helpful as you start to plan your next trip to Prague!
A LITTLE EXTRA: In addition to this post, make sure to check out sites like Prague Experience and MyCzechRepublic (this link has a very useful shopping dictionary on it!) as they are excellent resources for shopping tips as well as general Prague information.
What shopping spots did we miss?