What's On in Kenmare, Ireland? Here are Some Events to Help You Plan
Let's be clear. There is never a bad time to visit Kenmare, on the edge fo the Ring of Kerry in the southwest of Ireland. That's why we set up our Ireland Untour there. But here is a rundown of town events from a local that might help you decide when to travel.
- Lace Festival (March)
- Féile Neidín, Irish Trad Festival (April) – Music from Friday through Sunday late in several pubs. Weather permitting there are also street buskers.
- Easter Week Events – Several family and kid-oriented events take place, ending with an egg hunt in Reenagross Park.
- Beara Bike Race (May) – Watch the beginning and the end of the race as the cyclists take off and leave from Kenmare’s Square.
- Fair Day/15th August (Aug) – a hundreds of years old tradition. Kenmare’s streets are filled with people and lined with produce, animals, gift items, clothing and food vendors.
- Halloween Howl (end of October) – This is a week of events leading up to Halloween, kicked off with a parade led by a headless horseman and a bonfire in the Square!
- Christmas Festival - Nollaig Neiden (3 December - 2 January) – Gather with the locals for hot chocolate and socializing, and watch the lights come on in the Square and the park.
- Choral Festival (December) – Choirs and choruses from all over Ireland commune in Kenmare for musical performances in both town churches, culminating with a Christmas carol sing-along at Holy Cross Church.