The France - Paris Untour
A city that defines romance, a city like no other. Make Paris yours. Linger in its museums, dazzle at it monuments, stroll its grand boulevards, and relax in its beautiful gardens. Settle into a charming neighborhood. Become a regular at the local café and bakery, shop the markets, live the dream.
Stay in a vacation rental apartment in a central Parisian neighborhood.
Sights to see: The Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Luxemburg Gardens, Musée d’Orsay, Champs-Elysées, Rodin Museum, Notre Dame and countless others!
Other Region Information
WHAT TO DO ON YOUR PARIS VACATIONDay trips: Giverny, Versailles, Rouen, Chartres, Tours-Loire Valley, Vaux-le-Vicomte, Château of Fontainebleau, Château of Chantilly, Auvers-sur-Oise, and of course Disneyland Paris!
Sightseeing: Notre-Dame de Paris, St Suplice, Eglise St. Germain-des-Prés, Sacré-Coeur, the Panthéon, the Louvre, Musée d’Orsay, Musée Rodin, the Pompidou Center, Carnavalet Museum, the Eiffel Tower, Opéra de Paris, Garnier….
Off-the-beaten-track attractions that can’t be beat: Tour Les Egouts (The Sewers), stroll along the Champs-Elysées, wander through the streets of Montmartre, tour Napoleon’s tomb and Les Invalides, find the best café and bakery in your neighborhood, window-shop through the Marais, Paris’s hippest new district. Finish by feeding the pigeons and people-watching in what may be the most beautiful square in Europe, Place de la Vosges
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THIS UNTOUR?
The France - Paris Untour Includes:
- One or two weeks in a personally selected apartment in the heart of Paris.
- Suggestions for booking your international flight from the U.S. to Paris, or we can purchase tickets on your behalf. (Click for more information on Untours' air policies.)
- Transfer assistance by car service from the airport to your new Untours home and back at the end of your stay.
- 2-week Untour: 5-day Paris Visite transit pass, which covers the city and will take you out to Versailles; 20 metro/bus single-ride tickets; and two 2-day museum passes that give you free entry to most major museums, allowing you to skip admission lines.
1-week Untour: 20 single ride metro/bus tickets and a 2-day museum pass.
- An orientation session given by our local staff to start your trip off on the right foot.
- A Paris street atlas, local information, and our Untouring Paris guidebook, researched and written by Untours staff, full of insider tips, restaurant recommendations, and sightseeing information.
- A local cultural event, like a group dinner at a restaurant in the Latin Quarter.
- Use of an Untours cell phone while on location.
- A stash of groceries upon your arrival, so you don’t need to shop right away.
- Pre-trip planning advice from our staff, available by phone or email right up until you leave.
- Ongoing support with our local representative. Help available when you need it.
Here's what our customers say about how much there is to do in Paris:"Jennifer was lovely, warm, welcoming, and a font of information and ideas. To put it plainly, it's possible to rent an apartment on one's own and make the travel plans on one's own but Untours offers so much more by having on-site staff available as advisors, information resources, and organizers for the local social event. The dinner at the The Navigator in the Latin Quarter was one of the most convivial meals I've had amongst new acquaintances . . . and the food was beyond superb!" Erin Moore
"The main theme that we arrived at was that Paris is a very broad experience, with art, architecture, shopping opportunities, and especially the multi-faceted dimensions of the millions of people with whom we interacted. When we became comfortable with the aspects of getting around, we spent most of the time walking through the various districts, looking at the sights, and people watching and interacting. That was the best part!" Helen D. Taylor
"The trips to Normandy and Giverny - they had both been on my Bucket List for several years. The friendliness of the Parisians and their eagerness to stop to see if we needed help if we were reading a map or directed us to the correct bus stops or fruit stores. We had heard that Parisians were rude and there were pick-pockets but I felt almost safer than at home in Alabama! And the beauty of the architecture-wow!" Karen Voelker
"I'd stay a third week! My visit to Paris was everything I wanted it to be and graced with a few delightful surprises as well. I wouldn't change a thing. Well. . . ok. . . I'd pack lighter." Janice Diane
"We love untours because the apartments are in a safe location with lovely hosts to guide you we recommend untours to all our friends. We loved Paris even though we heard that they did not like Americans I was so pleased that was not our experience at all everyone was so helpful and kind." Suzanne Lung
"The food was great and the location in Monmartre, with its easy access to the metro and the surrounding neighborhood with shops that met our needs, was ideal. Even the meal at the Navigator was an unexpected bonus. Joanna and staff did their job well." Ken & Diane Ray
"The Paris Untour was certainly my favorite Untours and I will certainly continue to use your agency again and again! Thank you!" Victoria Garza
"Untours is the best way to travel in Paris!" Marie Neary
"We learned so much about France & its people by taking this trip!" Yvonne DelBiaggio
"Untours travel in Paris is making us lazy travellers!...Untours takes care of everything." John & Susan Brandt
"Paris is such a fabulous city and the French are really a passionate, wonderful people." Charles & Rose Mc Kenna
"Everything promised was delivered on the Paris Untour." Paul Chandlor
"Monet, organ concerts, and a castle trip to Tours...there's nothing we would have changed about the Paris Untour." Dale & Pat Boweu
"With access to two Metro lines, all of Paris was there for the taking…and we explored every area, every little street and grand boulevard, every museum that we could, most of it on foot. What a beautiful, diverse and romantic city!! Without knowing it, we fell right into that Parisian rhythm of the relaxed joy of living." Bill and Rita Vandeburgh
- The Tower of Power (DSC_5457)
- Place de la Bastille at night April 29, 2010 IMG_0338
- Bateaux Mouches passing under Pont au Double May 17, 2010 DSC_1660
- The oldest three in Paris IMG_0572
- The Pyramid at the Louvre (DSC_1389)
- The Seine (DSC_2306)
- Tour Eiffel, May 8, 2010 (DSC_0890)
- Square Jean XXIII DSC_1547
- Jardin du Luxembourg (DSC_1290)
- Street singer
- Bill & Eleanor on Bateaux Parisien DSC_1208
- Creme de Caramel, etc.( DSC_4921)
- View from Marie Stuart apartment(DSC_2283)
- In the shadow of a Halo (DSC_2287)
- Bistrot de la Place (May 18, 2010)DSC_1778
- Chateau de Vincennes, Paris, France (DSC_4383)
- Fields of Gold, Notre Dame de la Mer (DSC_3218)
- Untours Dinner at Le Navigator -Paris
Find your perfect Paris tour and your perfect vacation rental, in one package - on one of our unforgettable Paris Untours!