ORANGE BLOSSOM, RIBEAUVILLE, FRANCE - ALSACE
Quietly set on a small street just a few minutes walk away from the bustle of the Grand Rue, the main artery of the medieval village of Ribeauvíllé, one the principal towns on the Route des Vins, the Orange Blossom offers a lovely home base to discover the charms of our Alsace region. Built in 1513 into the ancient remparts of this medieval town, the Orange Blossom has been recently renovated in a Italo-Alsatian décor to correspond with the tastes of your hosts, Christophe & Laura Ramaschi-Trautmann, and its bright sunny windows look across the rooftops, up into the vineyards and to the mountains in the distance.
The spacious accommodation comprises an open plan living room with a fully equipped kitchen and flower filled balcony to eat "al fresco" when the weather is fine. One of two bathrooms in the house (with shower) is also on this ground floor. Upstairs you will find 2 bedrooms, one with twin beds and one with a queen-sized bed as well as guest corner to watch TV. A 2nd bathroom (tub w/ shower) can be found on the 2nd floor of the house, too.
Occupancy: This property sleeps 1-4 people. | Disclaimer | Print Page
SLEEPINGTwo bedrooms, one with two twin beds, one with a queen-sized bed (plus a full-sized sofa bed in the mezzanine).
BATHROOMSTwo bathrooms; one with shower stall on the ground floor; one with a bathtub (shower attachment) on the 2nd floor.
KITCHENFull kitchen with full stove, oven, microwave and dishwasher.
LAUNDRYWashing machine (no dryer)
LEVELLiving room and kitchen on ground floor. Bedrooms on second floor.
ACCESSIBILITYLiving room and kitchen on ground floor (one bathroom). Bedrooms on second floor (with 2nd bathroom)
TRANSPORTATIONParking in courtyard outside apartment.
MINUSESNew to Untours.
PLUSESHosts next door; WiFi, parking on-site, quiet, charming location close to center of Ribeauville.
SPECIAL FEATURESRecently renovated house that dates from 1513 and built into the medieval town wall.
Book this apartment in 3 easy steps:
Select the month or months you are interested in traveling.
(Please choose the number of travelers first to see which months are available for that party size.)
Choose View Properties for the Untour date that you want.
(Please choose the number of travelers first to see which months are available for that party size, then choose a month or months.)
(Choose the months you'd like to travel to see available dates and prices.)
What's included with the France - Alsace Untour?
- One or two weeks in a personally selected private apartment in the heart of scenic Alsace.
- Suggestions for booking your international flight from the U.S. to Basel-Mulhouse EuroAirport, or we can purchase tickets on your behalf. (Click for more information on Untours' air policies.)
- Personal transfer assistance for most airport arrivals, or detailed instructions that allow you to reach your apartment with ease.
- Car rental, with unlimited mileage and basic insurance, for the duration of your Untour.
- Use of a local GPS unit during your Untour.
- An orientation session given by our excellent local staff to start your trip off on the right foot.
- Excellent local information, a regional map, and the Untouring Alsace guidebook, researched and written by Untours staff, full of insider tips and day trip information.
- A local cultural event, like a group meal at a restaurant in the charming village of Ribeauvillé.
- A stash of groceries upon your arrival, so you don’t need to shop right away.
- Pre-trip planning advice from our staff, available by phone or email right up until you leave.
- Ongoing support with our local representative. Help available when you need it.
Landlord or Host for Orange Blossom, Ribeauville, France - Alsace
Your hosts, Christophe & Laura Trautmann-Ramaschi, are looking forward to greeting Untourists to their lovely and historic house in Ribeauvillé. Christophe is Alsatian and retired whereas Laura is Italian and works as a consultant but they both love taking time to welcome their guests and live next door.
Ribeauville, France - Alsace, Home of Orange Blossom
Known for its Riesling wine, Ribeauvillé, one of largest towns in the region, boasts a bustling, beautiful Old Town. Its flower-abundant main street, with picturesque half-timbered houses and magnificent historic façades, exudes Old World charm. In the summer, the streets are usually lively with visitors. Many of the restaurants and shops you find are tailored for tourists, but the authentic architecture and city walls have been carefully preserved. In between the picture-postcard shops and cafés, you will find architectural wonders and exquisite squares. If it is modern conveniences you desire, visit the larger shops on the outskirts of town. For quintessential European village charm, however, Ribeauvillé is the place to be.
Customer comments about Orange Blossom, Ribeauville, France - Alsace
"Wow! The apartment was just beautiful and a fantastic location. Our host and hostess went way out of their ways to make us comfortable, happy, well informed and feel like family. This was a really great experience." Mary and David Monfort
Ratings for Orange Blossom, Ribeauville, France - Alsace
Creature Comfort ratings not yet available for this property.
Living Like a Local ratings not yet available for this property.
An Explanation of the Ratings:
These ratings come from a combination of customer reviews and the reports of Untours staff who have seen the apartments and/or followed reports from customers over the years.
These ratings give a sense of how most people feel, but your tastes and requirements may vary. If you have any questions about this apartment, please call us at 1-888-868-6871. You can talk to someone who has seen the accommodation.