ELISABETH 2A, ERZSÉBETVÁROS, HUNGARY - BUDAPEST
This property is locally owned and operated. The money we pay for your accommodation will benefit the local economy where you will be staying.
The modern 2-bedroom Elisabeth vacation rental is located in a brand new building on a quiet side street in the lively Erzsébetváros (Elizabethtown) neighborhood. It is bright and airy, simply furnished, and has a combination of laminate and tile floors.
The spacious open-floor plan lounge/kitchen area has a comfortable couch and a dining table for six. The modern kitchen comes with a microwave, coffee maker, kettle, and stove/oven. Both bedrooms have queen size beds. There are two bathrooms: one with a shower stall and one with a tub/shower combination and a washing machine.
The apartment has new furnishings, fast Wi-Fi, and a smart TV, plus a big balcony overlooking the courtyard.
The building features several apartments with similar layout; therefore the floor can vary, but there is an elevator. There is central air conditioning in the summer and heat in the winter.
You need not venture far to find a bakery or fruit and vegetable store, and a Lidl supermarket is only 7 minutes away. A pub with decent food is about 5 minutes away, as is the landmark New York Café. The closest subway, Blaha Lujza tér, is about a 7-minute walk, and it’s only 2-3 stops to the heart of Budapest.
Note that the pictures were taken using a wide-angle lens, making the rooms appear larger than they are.
Occupancy: This property sleeps 1-4 people. | Disclaimer | Print Page
SLEEPING2 bedrooms with queen size beds
BATHROOMS2 bathrooms: 1 with shower stall and 1 with tub/ shower combination
KITCHENFull kitchen facilities w/ microwave
LEVELThe floor of your apartment may vary, as there are multiple comparable units in the same building; all are accessible by elevator.
ACCESSIBILITYElevator. No step to building entry. Step free in apartment. Flat walk to nearby bus stop. Bus is accessible.
TRANSPORTATION7-minute walk to Metro; bus and tram stops nearby
MINUSESThe thermostat for the central heat and AC system requires some explanation.
PLUSESQuiet neighborhood, Wi-Fi, AC (throughout), balcony
SPECIAL FEATURESWi-Fi, smart TV, balcony
Book this apartment in 3 easy steps:
Select the month or months you are interested in traveling.
(Please choose the number of travelers first to see which months are available for that party size.)
Choose View Properties for the UnTour date that you want.
(Please choose the number of travelers first to see which months are available for that party size, then choose a month or months.)
(Choose the months you'd like to travel to see available dates and prices.)
What's included with the Hungary - Budapest UnTour?
- One or two weeks in a personally selected, private apartment in Budapest.
- Suggestions for booking your international flight from the U.S. to Budapest, or we can purchase tickets on your behalf. (Click for more information on Untours' air policies.)
- Transfer assistance upon arrival from the airport or train to your Untours apartment and return to the airport or rail station at the end of your stay.
- A 7 or 14-day Metro pass good for unlimited rides on the metro, trolley, and buses.
- An orientation session by our superb on-site staff with current information on local events, concerts, and festivals.
- Local information, plus our own Untouring Budapest guidebook, researched and written by Untours staff, full of the best restaurants, sightseeing, and other suggestions.
- An Untours sponsored event, like a Danube river cruise.
- A stash of groceries upon your arrival, so you don’t need to shop right away.
- Pre-trip planning advice from our staff, available by phone or email right up until you leave.
- Ongoing support with our local representative. Help available when you need it.
Landlord or Host for Elisabeth 2A, Erzsébetváros, Hungary - Budapest
The apartment’s managers maintain a small office in the building. (They donate a portion of your rental fee to support English, dance and music programs in local schools that serve low-income families and kids with disabilities.)
Also, our Untour representative is only a phone call away.
Erzsébetváros, Hungary - Budapest, Home of Elisabeth 2A
Erzsébetváros (7th District) translates to Elizabethtown. It was named after Empress Elisabeth (also known affectionately as Sisi), wife of Franz Josef I. This large district was long known as the Jewish ghetto and is now a lively neighborhood close to the center, but with a more eclectic feel. It still encompasses the modern Jewish neighborhood in its Western section. It also includes the landmark New York Palace Café that can have lines of people waiting for a table in its opulent dining room.
Customer comments about Elisabeth 2A, Erzsébetváros, Hungary - Budapest
New apartment-not yet available
MEET OUR STAFFCathrin Baumbach
Switzerland, Germany, Ireland, Scotland, Greece, E. Europe
I greatly enjoy the diversity of my responsibilities at Untours, the company's values, and the opportunity to connect with people from other cultures.