O'DWYER COTTAGE, KENMARE, IRELAND - COUNTY KERRY
Just a short walk from the bustling center of Kenmare, the O'Dwyer cottage sits in a quiet residential neighborhood.
The house has a driveway and a lovely front yard. The comfortable living room has a TV and working fireplace. The eat-in kitchen is fully equipped, including a dishwasher, and has comfortable seating for six.
There are three bedrooms, two have double beds and en-suite bathrooms. One has two twin beds. There are three bathrooms. One of the en-suite bathrooms has a shower and the other has a bath/shower combination. The master bathroom also has a bath/shower combination.
The spacious backyard has a table and chairs for enjoying the fresh air when weather permits. A laundry room is accessible from the back yard. It has a stacked washer and dryer.
The center of Kenmare, with its pubs, restaurants, and shops, is just an easy five-minute walk from the cottage. The Kenmare Golf Club, with its beautiful views of the bay, is also just a five-minute walk away.
WiFi speed as of 5/1/21: 38 Mbps Down/48 Mbps Up
Occupancy: This property sleeps 1-6 people. | Disclaimer | Print Page
SLEEPINGThree bedrooms, two with double beds and one with two single beds. Two bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms.
BATHROOMSThree, two en-suite, one with shower and one with bath/shower combination. One master bathroom with bath/shower combination.
KITCHENFull kitchen with microwave and dishwasher
ACCESSIBILITYOne small step up to front door. Step free in apartment. Grab bars in showers and bathtub. Front door wide enough for wheelchair. Flat and smooth walkway from parking.
TRANSPORTATION5-minute walk to center of Kenmare. Private parking. Good access to main roads.
MINUSESLiving room is a little small for six persons, Check-in may not be until 3pm due to cleaning from previous guests
PLUSESClose to town
SPECIAL FEATURESWi-Fi, TV with local channels, fireplace, backyard with table and chairs
Book this apartment in 3 easy steps:
Select the month or months you are interested in traveling.
(Please choose the number of travelers first to see which months are available for that party size.)
Choose View Properties for the UnTour date that you want.
(Please choose the number of travelers first to see which months are available for that party size, then choose a month or months.)
(Choose the months you'd like to travel to see available dates and prices.)
What's included with the Ireland - County Kerry UnTour?
- One or two weeks in a personally selected apartment in the stunning Irish countryside or quaint village of Kenmare.
- Suggestions for booking your international flight from the U.S. to Cork, or we can connect you with our air partner who can purchase tickets on your behalf (Click for more information on Untours' air policies.)
- Transfer assistance for airport arrivals into Cork and directions that allow you to reach your apartment with ease.
- Detailed arrival and driving instructions for arrivals at Shannon Airport.
- A car rental, with unlimited mileage and basic insurance, for the duration of your Untour. Cars with an automatic transmission are included. Enterprise does not have upper age restrictions. (Inquire about the possibility of a "car-free" option.)
- An orientation session given by our local staff to start your trip off on the right foot.
- A Michelin map of Ireland, our own guide book for the area, and further information on-site.
- A local cultural event, like a traditional Irish meal.
- A stash of groceries upon your arrival, so you don’t need to shop right away.
- Pre-trip planning advice from our staff, available by phone or email right up until you leave.
- Ongoing support with our local representative. Help available when you need it.
Landlord or Host for O'Dwyer Cottage, Kenmare, Ireland - County Kerry
Marian and David are warm, welcoming hosts who are experienced in hospitality. They have a bed and breakfast on the other side of town. They are easy to reach if needed. Plus your Untours staff host is just a phone call away.
Kenmare, Ireland - County Kerry, Home of O'Dwyer Cottage
Tucked into the scenic southwest corner of Ireland, Kenmare is a welcoming and convenient home base. The name Kenmare means ‘little nest’ in Gaelic, which perfectly describes the atmosphere of this charming town. The perfect departure point for the Ring of Kerry and Killarney National Park, Kenmare also puts the Beara and Dingle Peninsulas within reach. Home to the19th century Holy Cross Church and one of the most impressive ancient stone circles in the region, Kenmare has a rich history. Nearby Molly Gallivan’s Cottage and Traditional Farm is a 200-year-old cottage that shows how the people of Kenmare lived before modern technology.
Take a cruise in Kenmare Bay or try local horseback riding. Explore the weekly outdoor market or take in live traditional music in a cozy local pub. Kenmare is known for its good eats and great golf courses. Lined with colorful houses and charming shops, Kenmare is a true Irish village with all of the amenities one could need and easy access to the sea.
Customer comments about O'Dwyer Cottage, Kenmare, Ireland - County Kerry
"Our hosts were warm and hospitable and really couldn't do enough for us. Loved the cottage (clean and spacious), its location and Kenmare."
Ellen and Adam Goldstein (07/2019)
"Best Untours property: large, clean, close to everything in the village, well stocked."
Janice Jones (07/2019)
"Very clean, close to town and very helpful owner."
MEET OUR STAFFCathrin Baumbach
Switzerland, Germany, Ireland, Scotland, Greece, E. Europe
I greatly enjoy the diversity of my responsibilities at Untours, the company's values, and the opportunity to connect with people from other cultures.