ITALY TRAVEL UPDATES & NEWS
Travel to Italy
StatusItaly is open to visitors from the US and Canada.
See this official website for the latest and most accurate entry requirements.
This page was last updated 9/28/2022.
Before you leave
- Take a photo with your phone of the vaccination certificate to have with you. (Do the same for your passport while you’re at it.)
- While it is not currently required, we recommend that you bring your original CDC vaccination certificate.
- (COVID test NOT required for entry into Italy.)
- (Passenger Locator Form NOT required for entry.)
After you arrive
- FFP2 face masks are still mandatory on airplanes, local and regional public transport, and health facilities. However, the use of the mask in all indoor environments and crowded outdoor settings is highly recommended.
- (Most restaurants, shops, museums, and tourist attractions are open with no restrictions. Check locally for the latest information.)
- Untours will follow local guidelines for arrivals, orientation, and any other events. You can enjoy your private Untours apartment, and our local staff are on call to help you during your stay.
Before you return to the US
- (A COVID test is not required for your return to the US.)
Other resourcesItalian entry requirements, conditions, and COVID updates
US Embassy & Consulate in Italy
Policies are changing rapidly, and conditions are subject to change before you travel. See the official website at the top of this page for the most accurate, up-to-date conditions and current requirements for travel.