TABEA, BACHARACH, GERMANY - RHINE
This spacious ground-floor Tabea apartment in the beautiful town of Bacharach is ideal for 2 couples or a family with children.
Just like its “twin” next door, it consists of a comfortable living room, 2 bedrooms, a bathroom with a shower stall, an eat-in kitchen, and a patio. It is nicely decorated with many art prints and comes with a flat-screen cable TV, CD player, and a washing machine (bathroom).
The medieval market square and a small but very well-stocked grocery store are just 1,000 feet from the apartment. A good selection of restaurants can be found within a 5-10 minute walking distance. The train station is a 13-15 minute walk with a small incline during the last stretch on the way home. And vineyard walking paths can be reached within just a few minutes from the apartment.
The caring host lives onsite and speaks good English.
An almost identical apartment is located on the other side of the house. Together, they can comfortably accommodate eight guests.
Occupancy: This property sleeps 1-4 people. | Disclaimer | Print Page
SLEEPING2 bedrooms, one with 2 twins and one with queen bed (split mattress)
BATHROOMSSpacious bathroom with shower stall and washing machine
KITCHENFull eat-in kitchen with microwave
LAUNDRYWashing machine in bathroom
ACCESSIBILITYGround floor (2 steps inside building)
TRANSPORTATION12 to 15-minute walk through town to train station, 8 minutes to KD boat dock, 8 minutes to food store
MINUSESWalk to train 12-15 minutes, slight incline on last stretch on way home
PLUSESFriendly helpful host lives onsite, most beautiful town on Middle Rhine, patio, no train noise
SPECIAL FEATURESPatio with table and chairs, vineyard walking trails nearby, Wi-Fi
Book this apartment in 3 easy steps:
Select the month or months you are interested in traveling.
(Please choose the number of travelers first to see which months are available for that party size.)
Choose View Properties for the UnTour date that you want.
(Please choose the number of travelers first to see which months are available for that party size, then choose a month or months.)
(Choose the months you'd like to travel to see available dates and prices.)
What's included with the Germany - Rhine UnTour?
- One or two weeks in a private apartment in the Middle Rhine area between Mainz and Koblenz.
- Suggestions for booking your international flight from the U.S. to Frankfurt, or we can purchase tickets on your behalf. (Click for more information on Untours' air policies.)
- Transfer assistance in the form of detailed instructions and a rail schedule from the Frankfurt airport to your Rhine village.
- A digital 2nd class 7day rail pass (7 non-consecutive days within one month), or a digital 15day rail pass (15 consecutive days) for unlimited travel on the German rail system. Seniors over 60 years receive a discount on the KD Rhine river boats.
- An orientation session by our superb on-site staff with current information on local events, concerts, and festivals.
- Local information and our own Untouring Rhineland guidebook, researched and written by Untours staff, full of the best restaurants, sightseeing, and other suggestions.
- A local cultural event. Depending on group size, it could be a dinner with our local staff or trip to Ruedesheim.
- A stash of groceries upon your arrival, so you don’t need to shop right away.
- Pre-trip planning advice from our staff, available by phone or email right up until you leave.
- Ongoing support with our local representative. Help available when you need it.
Landlord or Host for Tabea, Bacharach, Germany - Rhine
The friendly and helpful host Herr Eichner lives onsite and speaks good English.
Bacharach, Germany - Rhine, Home of Tabea
Bacharach, a delightful village on the west side of the Rhine, dates back to 1356. It is a wine town rich in tradition, which gives visitors the sense of stepping back into the Middle Ages. The town has been a major wine-trading center since then. Wine production began there with vines planted when Germany was part of the Roman Empire. The castle, Burg Stahleck on top of the hill, dominates the town and is a good hike above it. At the castle you can see the Werner Chapel, intact city walls punctuated here and there by numerous defense towers. From there you have a wonderful view of the Rhine Valley with the Hunsruck and Taunus Mountain ranges.
Bacharach's architecture calls many visitors from far and near because of its well-preserved half-timbered houses. One in particular is the Altes House, which dates from 1568 and is still operating as a restaurant featuring local fare. From Bacharach you will find good train connections, and it's a short walk to the KD boat dock. From here you can discover interesting day trips to the Roman city of Trier with its magnificent, well-preserved ruins. Other unique villages on the Mosel River include the university town of Heidelberg and Cologne with its awe-inspiring cathedral. Shorter day trips can be enjoyed as you board the KD boats going up the Rhine to Braubach, St.Goar, Oberwesel or Koblenz. Leisurely cruise down the Rhine to Rudesheim and take the chair lift over the endless vineyards for a tremendous view of the Rhine Valley. Continue on to Wiesbaden, Bingen or Mainz to see the Marc Chagall stained glass windows in St.Stephan's church and the Gutenberg Museum. Within this area you will discover 30 castles within a 10-mile stretch of the Rhine.
Bicycling is wonderful way to explore the area. You can rent bikes by the day or week and travel through the area on wide bike paths along the Rhine. You can travel from one town to the next, cross the river on ferryboats, take your bike on the KD boats or board the train with your wheels like the locals. Bacharach has a small food market, bank with ATM, helpful tourist office, good restaurants, sinful bakeries, wine cellars and souvenir shops. Step back in time and make your own history by choosing this historic village.
Customer comments about Tabea, Bacharach, Germany - Rhine
New apartment, customer comments not yet available.
MEET OUR STAFFCathrin Baumbach
Switzerland, Germany, Ireland, Scotland, Greece, E. Europe
I greatly enjoy the diversity of my responsibilities at Untours, the company's values, and the opportunity to connect with people from other cultures.