The Castle-Rhine Sampler
Live a fairytale: stay in a 14th century Bavarian Castle, then in storybook villages along the Rhine River!
Select the month or months you are interested in traveling.
(Please choose the number of travelers first to see which months are available for that party size.)
Choose View Properties for the Untour date that you want.
(Please choose the number of travelers first to see which months are available for that party size, then choose a month or months.)
(Choose the months you'd like to travel to see available dates and prices.)
- One week each in personally selected apartments in a medieval castle in Bavaria and in the Middle Rhine area.
- Suggestions for your international flight from the U.S. to Munich, return from Frankfurt, or we can purchase tickets on your behalf. (See our air policies.)
- Airport transfer info: Detailed instructions for your rental car pick-up and independent drive to the castle.
- Orientation sessions with our local hosts in each destination, to help you settle in and plan your time.
- Local transportation:
Castle: A 7-day car rental.
Rhine: 7-day German Rail Pass, for unlimited travel on the German rail system and a 20% discount on KD German Rhine boats.
- Transfer between destinations: Drive to Frankfurt airport using our detailed directions, return rental car, and train to your German Rhine village using your rail pass, with assistance upon your arrival.
- Local info, driving map, and Untouring Bavaria and Untouring the Rhineland guidebooks, both researched and written by Untours staff, full of insider tips and sightseeing suggestions.
- Cultural events in each location, like a castle tour with the Baron and a guided trip to a wine museum, a wine tasting, or a dinner.
- A small stash of groceries upon your arrival in each apartment.
- Pre-trip planning advice from our staff, available by phone or email up until you leave.
- Ongoing telephone support from our on-site staff. Help available when you need it.