The Heartland-Rhine Sampler
Enjoy the sensational Alpine views and world-class hiking trails of the Swiss Heartland, and then roam the storybook villages of the Rhine Valley.
Select the month or months you are interested in traveling.
(Please choose the number of travelers first to see which months are available for that party size.)
Choose View Properties for the Untour date that you want.
(Please choose the number of travelers first to see which months are available for that party size, then choose a month or months.)
(Choose the months you'd like to travel to see available dates and prices.)
- One week each in personally selected apartments in the Swiss Heartland and German Rhineland.
- Suggestions for your international flight from the U.S. to Zurich, return from Frankfurt, or we can purchase tickets on your behalf. (See our air policies.)
- Airport transfer assistance upon arrival.
- Orientation sessions with our local staff in each destination, to help you settle in and plan your time.
- Local transportation in each place:
Switzerland: 8-day Swiss Rail Pass valid on trains, buses, lake ships; free entry to over 400 museums in Switzerland.
German Rhine: 7-day German rail pass, for unlimited travel on the German rail system and a 20% discount on KD German Rhine boats.
- Transfer between destinations: Travel between locations by train, using rail passes, with assistance on either end.
- Local info, Untouring the Rhineland, the Swiss Heartland Dreambook, and the Swiss Hiking and Biking Guide, all researched and written by Untours staff, full of insider tips and sightseeing suggestions.
- Cultural events in each location, like a guided trip to a German wine museum, a wine tasting or a dinner; more fun in Switzerland, like a trip to a Swiss festival, a city tour, or a visit to a traditional alpine cheese maker’s hut.
- A small stash of groceries upon your arrival in each apartment.
- Pre-trip planning advice from our staff, available by phone or email up until you leave.
- Ongoing telephone support from our on-site staff. Help available when you need it.