The Rhine-Castle Sampler
Live a fairytale: stay in storybook villages along the Rhine River, then live in a 14th century Bavarian Castle!
Select the month or months you are interested in traveling.
(Please choose the number of travelers first to see which months are available for that party size.)
Choose View Properties for the Untour date that you want.
(Please choose the number of travelers first to see which months are available for that party size, then choose a month or months.)
(Choose the months you'd like to travel to see available dates and prices.)
- One week each in personally selected apartments in the Middle Rhine area and in a medieval castle in Bavaria.
- Suggestions for your international flight from the U.S. to Frankfurt, return from Munich, or we can purchase tickets on your behalf. (See our air policies.)
- Airport assistance upon arrival.
- Orientation sessions with our local hosts in each destination, to help you settle in and plan your time.
- Local transportation:
Rhine: 7-day German Rail Pass, for unlimited travel on the German rail system and a 20% discount on KD German Rhine boats.
Castle: A 7-day car rental.
- Transfer between destinations: Train to Würzburg, pick up your rental car, and drive to the Bavarian Castle following our detailed directions.
- Local info, driving map, and Untouring Bavaria and Untouring the Rhineland guidebooks, both researched and written by Untours staff, full of insider tips and sightseeing suggestions.
- Cultural events in each location, like a castle tour with the Baron and a guided trip to a wine museum, a wine tasting, or a dinner.
- Use of an Untours cell phone while on location in each destination.
- A small stash of groceries upon your arrival in each apartment.
- Pre-trip planning advice from our staff, available by phone or email up until you leave.
- Ongoing telephone support from our on-site staff. Help available when you need it.