EILEEN'S PLACE, KENMARE, IRELAND - COUNTY KERRY
This property will be disinfected to CDC-recommended standards or higher. Learn More.
☆ 4-wk Deals ☆
Stay longer and save! Ask us about discounts for stays of 4 weeks or longer.
☆ Locally Owned! ☆
This property is locally owned and operated. The money we pay for your accommodation will benefit the local economy where you will be staying.
Eileen’s Place is a lovely, single story house on a quiet cul-de-sac at the edge of Kenmare, giving you foot access to the charming town center and easy access to the Ring of Kerry and other scenic drives.
The living room has a comfortable couch that can seat up to six. There’s a TV with local channels. The house has Wi-Fi.
The master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with shower. There are two additional bedrooms as well, one double and one with two twin beds.
The modern eat-in kitchen is fully equipped and has a dishwasher and microwave. The table comfortably seats four. A fifth chair can be added when needed.
Eileen’s Place is located just across the street from a Centra grocery store. The center of Kenmare with its many pubs, restaurants, and shops can be reached along a well-lit sidewalk in about 10 minutes. Less than 5 minutes away are two hotels with bars and restaurants as well. The house is just off the main road to Killarney and to the Ring of Kerry, making it an especially convenient location for local travel.
Occupancy: This property sleeps 1-5 people. | Disclaimer | Print Page
SLEEPINGThree bedrooms, two with double beds and one with 2 single beds. One bedroom has en-suite bathroom with shower.
BATHROOMSTwo bathrooms, both with shower
KITCHENFull kitchen facilities with microwave and dishwasher.
ACCESSIBILITYShort ramp and two steps up from driveway to front door
TRANSPORTATIONAcross street from grocery store, 10 minute walk to central Kenmare. Easy access to main roads.
MINUSESKitchen table only seats four.
SPECIAL FEATURESWi-Fi, TV with local channels, fireplace, outdoor sitting area
Book this apartment in 3 easy steps:
Select the month or months you are interested in traveling.
(Please choose the number of travelers first to see which months are available for that party size.)
Choose View Properties for the UnTour date that you want.
(Please choose the number of travelers first to see which months are available for that party size, then choose a month or months.)
(Choose the months you'd like to travel to see available dates and prices.)
What's included with the Ireland - County Kerry UnTour?
- One or two weeks in a personally selected apartment in the stunning Irish countryside or quaint village of Kenmare.
- Suggestions for booking your international flight from the U.S. to Cork, or we can connect you with our air partner who can purchase tickets on your behalf (Click for more information on Untours' air policies.)
- Transfer assistance for airport arrivals into Cork and a GPS that allows you to reach your apartment with ease.
- Detailed arrival and driving instructions for arrivals at Shannon Airport.
- A car rental, with unlimited mileage and basic insurance, for the duration of your Untour. Cars with an automatic transmission are included. Enterprise does not have upper age restrictions. (Inquire about the possibility of a "car-free" option.)
- Use of a local GPS unit during your Untour.
- An orientation session given by our local staff to start your trip off on the right foot.
- A Michelin map of Ireland, our own guide book for the area, and further information on-site.
- A local cultural event, like a traditional Irish meal.
- A stash of groceries upon your arrival, so you don’t need to shop right away.
- Pre-trip planning advice from our staff, available by phone or email right up until you leave.
- Ongoing support with our local representative. Help available when you need it.
Landlord or Host for Eileen's Place, Kenmare, Ireland - County Kerry
Eileen and John, your warm hosts, live in Killarney. Eileen is often in Kenmare on weekends. They are easy to reach if needed. Your Untours staff host is always just a phone call away.
Kenmare, Ireland - County Kerry, Home of Eileen's Place
Tucked into the scenic southwest corner of Ireland, Kenmare is a welcoming and convenient home base. The name Kenmare means ‘little nest’ in Gaelic, which perfectly describes the atmosphere of this charming town. The perfect departure point for the Ring of Kerry and Killarney National Park, Kenmare also puts the Beara and Dingle Peninsulas within reach. Home to the19th century Holy Cross Church and one of the most impressive ancient stone circles in the region, Kenmare has a rich history. Nearby Molly Gallivan’s Cottage and Traditional Farm is a 200-year-old cottage that shows how the people of Kenmare lived before modern technology.
Take a cruise in Kenmare Bay or try local horseback riding. Explore the weekly outdoor market or take in live traditional music in a cozy local pub. Kenmare is known for its good eats and great golf courses. Lined with colorful houses and charming shops, Kenmare is a true Irish village with all of the amenities one could need and easy access to the sea.
Customer comments about Eileen's Place, Kenmare, Ireland - County Kerry
"A beautiful house, great amenities. We took the back path into town and it was an easy walk. It would have been pleasant to have extra blankets."
"The house itself is in an excellent location and great well suited for our group of four...(future visitors should be told about the shortcut to town, the Kerry Road path, that precludes walking on the busy road)."
MEET OUR STAFFCathrin Baumbach
Switzerland, Germany, Ireland, Scotland, Greece, E. Europe
I greatly enjoy the diversity of my responsibilities at Untours, the company's values, and the opportunity to connect with people from other cultures.