The Italy - Florence Untour
Renaissance Florence offers beauty in all its forms. Whether it is art and architecture, Tuscan food and wines, or contemporary design you crave, Florence is your city. Explore the city’s renowned museums and majestic cathedrals, linger in its bustling food markets and cafes, and discover Oltrarno and its charming neighborhoods.
Stay in an apartment in the historic center.
Sights to see: the Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, the Uffizi and Bargello Museums, the Accademia, the Pitti Palace, Orsanmichele, and many easy day trips!
Other Region Information
WHAT TO DO ON YOUR VACATIONDay trips and Sightseeing: There are so many magnificent things to see in Florence: Visit the Duomo and climb the bell tower for even better views! The Uffizi museum holds masterpieces by Botticelli and Da Vinci. Michelangelo’s masterpieces are on view around the city, including David, in Galleria dell’Accademia. See Fra Angelico’s frescoes in the cloister of San Marco or Masaccio’s frescoes in the Brancacci Chapel. The churches of Santa Croce and Santa Maria Novella are filled with art. Shop for all manner of leather, ceramics and fashion accessories in the San Lorenzo street markets. Feed your fashion cravings at the Ferragamo Shoe Museum and the designer boutiques in the area. Take in the outdoor sculpture gallery of the Piazza della Signoria. Cross the Ponte Vecchio to take in the regal collections of the Pitti Palace and enjoy the view of the Duomo from the Boboli Gardens. Fiesole, just a short bus ride away, offers even better views. Pisa, Bologna, Ferrara, Siena and even Rome make easy day trips by train.
Off the beaten track treasures that can’t be beat: Linger in the city’s cafes and people watch over a hot chocolate. Enjoy a slow Tuscan supper with the best local wines. Scour the outdoor antiques stalls for hidden treasures or buy farm-fresh produce at the neighborhood markets at Sant’Ambrogio and Santo Spirito. Florence has some of Italy’s best gelato shops. Across the river, explore the Oltrarno neighborhood’s quaint wine bars and antique shops. Favorite smaller museums include the Casa Buonarotti and the Marino Marini Museum.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THIS UNTOUR?
The Italy - Florence Untour Includes:
- One or two weeks in a personally selected, centrally located apartment.
- Suggestions for booking your international flight from the U.S. to Florence, or we can purchase tickets on your behalf. (Click for more information on Untours' air policies.)
- Transfer by private driver from the Florence airport (or rail station) to your new Untours home, and transport back to the airport or rail station on your departure.
- A “Carta Agile” pass with the local city transit, good for 10 rides for each week of your Florence Untour; additional tickets available upon request.
- An orientation to the city and a walk around town with our on-site staff person to start your trip off right.
- A local cultural activity, like a dinner and arts crawl in Oltrarno.
- Local maps and literature, plus our own Untouring Florence guidebook, researched and written by Untours staff, full of the best restaurants and other suggestions.
- Use of an Untours cell phone while on location.
- A stash of groceries upon your arrival, so you don’t need to shop right away.
- Pre-trip planning advice from our staff, available by phone or email right up until you leave.
- Ongoing support via telephone with our local representative. Help available when you need it.
Here's what our customers say about how much there is to do in :"We loved Florence! Loved seeing it all - loved the Art crawl (Untours event), the mercado, the Duomo.. and our guide/contact was the best person possible!!" Ginny and Lee Brown
"Florence is just an amazing place to be and I'm thrilled that you added it. Living in a community and having a wonderful apartment with a small lawn was great for our down time...Mary Jane was the best onsite staff that we have experienced." Dawn Molendi
"We both enjoyed the flexibility that Untour provided us. I really appreciated the greeting we received at the airport and the help in getting settled in the apartment. The apartment was excellent and met all of our needs." - Marcia and Nathan Kaminski
"Florence is enchanting. Having an apartment instead of a hotel room was fantastic. Also not doing 11 cities in 11 days was great. We were able to set our own pace and discover the charm of the area on our own. Having a contact person as near as the phone was also great." Brenda & Hank Stroup
Find your perfect tour and your perfect vacation rental, in one package - on one of our unforgettable Untours!