About This Cruise
Regensburg, Germany; Vilshofen; Passau; Linz, Austria; Gmunden; Melk; Krems; Vienna; Bratislava, Slovakia; Budapest, Hungary
Life On Board AMA Waterways
(1 minute video)
- Seven nights deluxe cruise accommodation in an outside stateroom
- Most staterooms offer French balconies or revolutionary Twin Balconies
- Life enriching tours and excursions daily
- State-of-the-art Infotainment System in all staterooms featuring free high-speed Internet access, hit Hollywood movies, extensive music library, and English language TV stations
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access on board
- Terry bathrobes and white-on-white plush bedding
- Gourmet dining with all meals included during your cruise
- Multiple dining venues on select vessels
- Free-flowing red & white wines from Europe's great wine regions, beer, and soft drinks with every lunch and dinner on board
- Bottled water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner, and Captain's Gala Dinner
- Special highlights including lectures, cooking demonstration, onboard music performances, and piano music
- Bicycles to explore on your own and guided bicycle tours
- Services of professional Cruise Manager
- All English language on board in a non-smoking environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck)
- All transfers with the purchase of cruise, land, and air package
- All local taxes
While we have no specific air deals on this cruise, please call 1-888-868-6871 if you would like us to assist with your airfare.
Note: Itinerary is reversed on certain dates.
Day 1, Embark your ship in Nuremberg Tonight, meet your fellow passengers at the Welcome Dinner. The ship will moor overnight in Nuremberg. (D)
Day 2, NUREMBERG
You have two choices of excursions while in Nuremberg: one focusing on the medieval highlights and another focusing WWII. Enjoy a guided tour through this beautiful medieval city, showcasing the Imperial Castle, famous town wall and the legendary fountain of the Market Square. Or turn back the pages of a darker history with a guided tour of the city’s most important WWII sites, including the enormous Documentation Center Nazi Party Rally Grounds. You’ll also visit the Nuremberg Trials Memoriam, and Courtroom 600 if the courtroom is not in session. En route to Regensburg, you’ll cruise through the manmade marvel, the Main-Danube Canal. (B,L,D)
Day 3, REGENSBURG
Explore one of Germany’s best preserved medieval cities Regensburg on a guided walking tour showcasing the city’s architectural highlights, including the Old Town Hall and the Porta Praetoria. Alternatively, sample some Bavarian specialties—beer, sausage and pretzels, and for those who wish to be more active, join a bike tour to Walhalla where you will see the Neoclassical white marble temple inspired by the Parthenon in Athens. (B,L,D)
Day 4, PASSAU - LINZ, AUSTRIA
Enjoy a walking tour along Passau's cobblestone streets admiring the Gothic and Italian Baroque architecture and St. Stephen’s Cathedral. For guests looking for a more active morning, you can choose between a guided bike tour along the Danube River, or a guided hike up to the Veste Oberhaus Fortress for panoramic views overlooking three rivers. Later in the day, set sail for Linz. (B,L,D)
Day 5, MELK - VIENNA
Cruise to Melk, known for its magnificent Benedictine Abbey, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of Europe’s largest and most revered monasteries. Alternatively, you can join a guided bike tour that takes you through the UNESCO-designated Wachau Valley; or go on a walking tour along Dürnstein's cobblestone streets to the Baroque Stiftskirche, famed church tower. Later in the day, set sail through the vineyard-rich Wachau Valley. (B,L,D)
Day 6, VIENNA
The “City of Waltzes” offers a treasure trove of gems and you have two ways to discover them. Join a city tour showcasing its regal splendors, including the majestic Opera House and the former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs before concluding in Vienna’s historic city center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and then visiting St. Stephen’s Cathedral. For a more active exploration of the area, take a guided bike ride along the Danube. During the afternoon, you can enjoy leisure time or pedal your way to Klosterneuburg Monastery on a guided cycling tour. (B,L,D)
Day 7, BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
You cannot help but fall in love with Budapest, known as the “Queen of the Danube.” Your city tour begins with visit to the vibrant Great Market Hall brimming with vendors selling everything from food to souvenirs. The remainder of this tour takes you to both the Buda (hilly) and the Pest (flat) sides of the river. As an alternative choice, hike up to Castle Hill for breathtaking views of the city below. Spend your last evening on board cruising around the famed Parliament Building as the city turns on all her dazzling lights. (B,L,D)
Day 8, BUDAPEST – DISEMBARKATION
Bid farewell to Budapest as you prepare for your homeward flight. (B)
Excursions for The Legendary Danube Cruise
All excursions are included. Please see Itinerary.
3-night hotel accommodation in Prague including tours and daily buffet breakfast. Please call 1 888 868-6871 for details.
The Legenday Danube Cruise links well with our Untours in Czech Republic - Prague
, and Hungary - Budapest.
There may be a few gap days between cruise and Untour. Inquire for details.