About This Cruise
Vilshofen, Passau, Germany; Linz, Austria; Gmunden; Melk; Krems; Vienna; Bratislava, Slovakia; Budapest, Hungary
Life On Board AMA Waterways
(1 minute video)
- Seven nights deluxe cruise accommodation in an outside stateroom
- Most staterooms offer French balconies or revolutionary Twin Balconies
- Life enriching tours and excursions daily
- "Culinary Delights – Bites & Sights" excursions
- State-of-the-art Infotainment System in all staterooms featuring free high-speed Internet access, hit Hollywood movies, extensive music library and English language TV stations
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access on board
- Terry bathrobes and white-on-white plush bedding in all staterooms
- Gourmet dining with all meals included during your cruise
- Multiple dining venues on select vessels
- Free-flowing red and white wines from Europe's great wine regions, beer, and soft drinks with every lunch and dinner on board
- Bottled water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner and Captain's Gala Dinner
- Special highlights including lectures, cooking demonstration, onboard music performances and piano music
- Bicycles to explore on your own and guided bicycle tours
- Services of professional Cruise Manager
- All English language on board in a non-smoking environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck)
- All transfers with the purchase of cruise, land, and air package
- All local taxes
While we have no specific air deals on this cruise, please call 1-888-868-6871 if you would like us to assist with your airfare.
Note: Itinerary is reversed on certain dates.
Day 1, EMBARKATION – VILSHOFEN
Enjoy a festive Welcome Dinner aboard the ship. (D)
Day 2, VILSHOFEN - PASSAU
Explore Vilshofen’s beautiful old town before cruising to Passau, known as the “City of Three Rivers." Join a walking tour or if you prefer to be more active, hike high into the hills for a visit to the “Veste Oberhaus,” Passau’s Castle Hill. (B,L,D)
Day 3, LINZ, AUSTRIA
The ship arrives in Linz where you’ll have several choices of excursions. Opt for a full-day excursion to Salzburg where you’ll tour the historic center, Mirabell Gardens, Residenz Square and the Old Market. En route to Salzburg, stop at Mondsee, home of the famed Basilica St. Michael and site of the wedding scene in “The Sound of Music.” Alternatively, you can join a morning walking tour through Linz's old city center and by the Mozart House; or go on a guided bike tour along the city’s famed “Culture Mile” and the Danube. During the afternoon, you have three more options of excursions. Choose a half-day in Salzburg or take a scenic drive through the beautiful Austrian Lake District with a stop in St. Wolfgang. You can also choose to visit the charming mountain town, Český Krumlov, located just over the Czech-Austrian border. (B,L,D)
Day 4, WEISSENKIRCHEN-MELK – KREMS
Cruise to Weissenkirchen, gateway to Dürnstein located in the heart of the Wachau Valley. Once here, you can choose to join a walking tour in Dürnstein along its cobblestone streets to the Baroque Stiftskirche, Dürnstein’s famed church tower, and then visit Melk’s magnificent Benedictine Abbey. For the more active adventurer, hike up to the fortress where Richard the Lionheart was once held. As an alternative excursion, visit a local apricot grower, where you’ll enjoy the regions finest apricot treats. Later in the evening, enjoy a special wine tasting of locally grown, world-renowned Riesling and Grüner Veltliner in Weissenkirchen. (B,L,D)
Day 5, VIENNA
The “City of Waltzes” offers a treasure trove of gems and you have three ways to discover them. Join a city tour showcasing its regal splendors, including the majestic Opera House, St. Stephen's Cathedral and the former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs before concluding in Vienna’s historic city center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. For a more active exploration of the area, take a guided bike ride along the Danube. During the afternoon, you can enjoy leisure time or pedal your way to Klosterneuburg Monastery on a guided cycling tour. (B,L,D)
Day 6, BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA
Host to the crowning ceremonies of 11 Hungarian kings and queens between 1536 and 1830, Bratislava certainly has earned the title “Coronation City of Kings” as you’ll discover during your walking tour. Or join a culinary host to sample traditional Slovakian specialties, as well as learn how to prepare stuffed potato ravioli with an opportunity to taste your own creation. For a more active adventure, hike up to Bratislava Castle, offering magnificent views of the city. *Please Note: Wine Cruise itineraries are modified and will not visit Bratislava. Instead of visiting Bratislava, guests will enjoy visiting the charming winemaking town of Gobelsberg. (B,L,D)
Day 7, BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
Experience Budapest in one of two ways: on a city tour or a hike. Your city tour begins with a visit to the vibrant Great Market Hall brimming with vendors selling everything from food to souvenirs. The remainder of this tour takes you to both the Buda (hilly) and Pest (flat) sides of the river. As an alternative choice, hike up to Castle Hill for breathtaking views of the city below. Spend your last evening on board cruising around the famed Parliament Building as the city turns on all her dazzling lights. (B,L,D)
Day 8, DISEMBARKATION - DEPART BUDAPEST
Your cruise comes to an end as you transfer to the airport for your homeward flight. (B)
Excursions for Romantic Danube Cruise
All excursions are included. Please see Itinerary.
3 nights hotel accommodation in Prague including tours and daily buffet breakfast. Please call 1 888 868-6871 for details.
3 nights hotel accommodation in Munich including tours and daily buffet breakfast. Please call 1 888 868-6871 for details.
The Romantic Danube Cruise links well with our Untours in Czech Republic - Prague
, and Hungary - Budapest.
There may be a few gap days between cruise and Untour. Inquire for details.