GERANIO, MONTALCINO, ITALY - TUSCANY
The Geranio is a country farmhouse apartment with typical Tuscan charm. The main area combines living room with dining and kitchen facilities in one simple, small space. The bedroom with queen bed is comfortable and cozy. A door leads to yard area with table and chairs.
This vacation rental sits on a beautiful farm and vineyard near Torrenieri, just beyond Buonconvento, an easy drive to Siena and the Chianti Valley beyond. High atop a hill with breathtaking views of the rolling Tuscan hills, the farm features a gorgeous swimming pool. Your hosts do not live on the farm, but their parents, Diana and Orfeo, are on site almost daily to oversee things. The family is very friendly, although they speak no English. Their wine, olive oil and honey are available for guests to purchase. Other vacation rental apartments on this site include Donella, Serenella, Orfeo, Cipresso and Diana.
WiFi speed as of 6/14/20: 28 Mbps Down/3 Mbps Up
Occupancy: This property sleeps 1-2 people. | Disclaimer | Print Page
SLEEPING1 bedroom with an Italian queen bed
BATHROOMS1 with Italian-style shower (with curtain), access to bathroom is down two small steps.
KITCHENKitchenette with mini countertop oven, 4-burner stovetop
LAUNDRYWashing machine on site, fee for use. Iron available. Also the apartment has a vacuum.
LEVELGround floor with one step up from garden level
ACCESSIBILITYGround floor with one step up from garden level, 2 small steps down to bathroom; apartment has two exterior doors: one into the kitchen and one into the bedroom.
TRANSPORTATION5-minute drive to Torrenieri, 10 minutes to Buonconvento and the main road, 20 minutes to Montalcino, 25 minutes to Siena and 90 minutes to Florence
MINUSESSmall, no oven
PLUSESLovely swimming pool and outdoor seating area, gorgeous views from grounds, guests can purchase wine, olive oil and honey on site, warm hosts, WiFi internet on the property--reception is spotty in the apartment (no computer)
SPECIAL FEATURESWindow screens in bedroom, kitchen and bathroom, warm hosts, WiFi internet on the property--reception is spotty in the apartment (no computer).
Book this apartment in 3 easy steps:
Select the month or months you are interested in traveling.
(Please choose the number of travelers first to see which months are available for that party size.)
Choose View Properties for the UnTour date that you want.
(Please choose the number of travelers first to see which months are available for that party size, then choose a month or months.)
(Choose the months you'd like to travel to see available dates and prices.)
What's included with the Italy - Tuscany UnTour?
- One or two weeks in a farmhouse apartment, often on a working vineyard with stunning countryside views.
- Suggestions for booking your international flight from the U.S. to Florence, or we can purchase tickets on your behalf. (Click for more information on Untours' air policies.)
- Airport meeting upon your arrival (set arrival time only) and assistance with your rental car pick-up and transfer to your apartment. (Or detailed instructions that allow you to reach your apartment independently with ease.)
- Car rental, with unlimited mileage and basic insurance, for the duration of your Untour. (Other city drop off fee applies.)
- An orientation with our acclaimed local staff person, who is full of excellent recommendations for your sight seeing, practical advice on driving and parking, and a listing of local events happening during your stay.
- A regional map, local information, plus our own Untouring Tuscany guidebook, researched and written by Untours staff, full of the best restaurants, sightseeing, and other suggestions.
- A local cultural activity, like a luncheon and a guided tour of a local abbey.
- A stash of groceries upon your arrival, so you don’t need to shop right away.
- Pre-trip planning advice from our staff, available by phone or email right up until you leave.
- Ongoing support with our local representative. Help available when you need it.
Landlord or Host for Geranio, Montalcino, Italy - Tuscany
The owners of the farm do not live on site, but some of the host family members are there daily to oversee things. They don’t speak English but are friendly and outgoing despite the language gap. Our Tuscany Untour staff person is always available by cell phone if guests have problems or concerns.
Montalcino, Italy - Tuscany, Home of Geranio
Montalcino is a beautiful hill town, sporadically populated in Etruscan times and permanently settled around 1000 AD. The town was important in medieval times and its thirteenth-century walls are still largely intact. Today Montalcino is known for the Brunello wine made in its surrounding farmlands. Its center is pedestrian-friendly and walkable. Its narrow streets are lined with shops, good restaurants, lively cafés and wine bars. It hosts an open-air market on Fridays and offers a museum of sacred art. Visitors to the town’s fourteenth-century fortress can climb its tower for a spectacular view of the countryside or sample local wines in its basement cantina. The town offers banks, ATMs, coffee bars, a grocery store and a good bakery.
Staying in the countryside outside Montalcino puts you in the heart of the Tuscan wine belt, in the shadow of countless wineries and an easy drive to Chianti country. Traditional farm life continues in Montalcino and the many beautiful hill towns that surround it. Here, artisans sell pottery, small restaurants create traditional Tuscan meals, and old parish churches hide stunning frescoes.
Montalcino is about 40 minutes south of Siena and an 90 minutes south of Florence.
Other day trips from Untours’ Tuscany vacation rental apartments include the historic hill towns of San Gimignano, Pienza, Montepulciano, and San Galgano; the Etruscan sites of Volterra, Chiusi, and Cortona; the natural beauty of Mt. Amiata and the coast; and the monasteries of Monte Oliveto and Sant’Antimo.
Customer comments about Geranio, Montalcino, Italy - Tuscany
"Our host, Serenella went out of her way to please us. She introduced us to her family and treated us as if she had known us for a long time." Ernest Gutierrez
"The apartment is clean, functional and attractive. It is on the ground floor, convenient to the pool and has its own patio for dining al fresco.The view is wonderful and hosts were friendly but spoke no English.The location of the property was ideal - close enough to a town with good restaurants yet out in the beautiful, quiet countryside, high upon a hill with a breathtaking view and surrounded by grape vineyards and olive groves. " Edward & Gail Comer
“The location we had was in the heart of the area, with a 360 degree view of heaven! It was great to see the workings of a family vineyard, olive grove and bee/honey farm." Kathryn & John D'Amanda